Friday, August 10, 2007

Greetings from Councilman Sinderman.

Hello to all of you loyal Clarion readers. I'm Reeves Sinderman, the City Council representative from the 8th Ward, and I'll be taking over for Sherman while he is on his vacation to England. I'll try to keep on my toes as far as keeping you current with some of the important cultural and community-related goings-on in your neighborhood.

In the meantime, was surprised that Sherman had not yet posted the City Council's annual budget report as it related to Armitage Heights, so I am posting links to the PDF from the city website here.

Councilman Larson's assistant Marisha is telling me that this blog is often used for posting community cultural events like musical performances. Rest assured that I am having my assistant Megan put together a detailed list of performances by local musicians at this time with venue information, times and lengths of performances. I will hope to have this information posted by tomorrow.

I have a whole range of interesting subjects related to the 3rd Ward I'll be covering in the next two weeks on this blog, including questions about land use policy in the Armitage Avenue corridor, minutes from the Zoning Appeal Commission, news from the Auditing Department, pensions and annuities information related to governmental workers at the Metro Government Centers, updates from municipal energy and water service providers, oversight issues regarding the registry division of the Public Works Department, programmatic changes regarding the Committee on Post Audit, technical education policy, and community reinvestment in Little Warsaw, so please stay tuned.

Have a safe and pleasant weekend.

No comments: