Thursday, May 17, 2007

PLEASE READ! Sherman assaulted, hospitalized!

This is Sherman's assistant Marisha -- I have some awful news, and I want to get out there to people as soon as I can.

Just about a half-an-hour ago, a dangerously drunken, disheveled-looking and belligerent Stephen Massey Keller forced his way into our office downtown at Pierce Plaza, yelled something about losing the primary election and The Clarion and the East Metro transit plans. Sherman attempted to reason with him, when Keller suddenly lunged forward and attacked Sherman with a large object, what actually looked like a model train. Sherman was able to fend off most the blows, and yelled for help. City Hall security officers were able to run into the office and subdue Keller before he could harm Sherman any further. I called 911 right away, and they had an ambulance there in minutes to take Sherman to Mishipeshu Memorial Medical Center. Keller was taken into police custody after struggling for a few minutes and continuing to yell. I took all these pictures with my digital camera -- above is the ambulance taking Sherman away, and to the right is Keller being taken into the police cruiser and I presume off to the police precinct down at 3rd Street and Stanton Avenue.

This has been a terrifying morning. I called the hospital a moment ago, and Sherman's just been admitted. He is in stable condition, but we don't know anything else right now, as far as whether or not he is conscious, or how badly he is injured. I'll keep you updated as soon as I know more.

The police took the weapon away with them, of course, but from what I saw, it looked very much like one of the toys I've posted a picture of to the left. Sherman looked pretty banged up. If you're the praying type, say a prayer for Councilman Larson.

I'll post more very soon. Hopefully we'll know more about his condition soon.

-Marisha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sherman, god bless you. we're praying for you in little warsaw.